.God is Good.

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. -Colossians 3:12-17-

There has been a dominating theme on my heart for the past couple of weeks. This theme is one that is ugly, and unholy, and bitter. Downward spirals, is the direction my flesh wants to go in. But God is good. He is so faithful to listen to his children when we are in need. And I have amazing encouragement through Christ, as well as through my amazing friends. I am so blessed. The downlow is this; one of my friends did something and is currenlty doing something that hurts me alot and that I don't agree with. But I've learned that it really doesn't matter. People are as human as I am. Through Christ alone we are driven to love, and have compassion and forgiveness toward each other. The part that really gets me is where it says I should forgive as the Lord forgave me. So in doing this, I have learned an amazing lesson through the Lord. One that I knew in the past and still know, but this lesson is one that's helpful to hit the Rewind button on, then the Play, then Repeat. God accepts me for me. He forgives me, despite all of the stupid things I do and say constantelly. What I have to do is simply live in his love, binding my heart in his compassion and forgiving people when they really do stuff that ticks me off. Even the stuff that hurts me deeply. God is constantely opening up new opportunities for His love to become more evident in our lives. For it is truly these opportunities, the ones that hurt, where we have more room to grow in Him. Draw nearer to His heart. Where He fulfils us even more. How sweet is that?! That I know and love and serve a God, who loves me more than I can ever imagine, and who is going to keep revealing His compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience, and above all else love, to me until the day I die. In the end all we truly can put our hope in is the Lord. God is Good. God is so Good.

Comments

Popular Posts